(Solved) : Answer These Questions Thoroughly . . .
read the stories on the pages below in the “Patterns” book pdf file that i attached and answer the questions below:
Tannen, pg. 423
Tecson, pg. 385
Catton, pg. 393
Grant and Lee
- What took place at Appomattox Court House on April 9, 1865? Why did the meeting at Appomattox signal the closing of a “great chapter in American life.”
- How does Robert E. Lee represent aristocracy? How does Ulysses S. Grant represent Lee’s opposite?
- According to Catton, where is it that “the contrast between Grant and Lee becomes most striking”?
- What similarities does Catton see between the two men?
- Why, according to Catton, are “succeeding generations of Americans”
Sex, Lies and Conversation
- What pattern of communication does Tannen identify at the beginning of her essay?
- According to Tannen, what do women complain about most in their marriages?
- What gives women the impression that men do not listen?
- What characteristics of women’s speech do men find frustrating?
- According to Tannen, what can men and women do to remedy the communication problems that exist in most marriages?
. . .